
"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important."
"Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality."
"A sense of duty is useful in work, but offensive in personal relations. People wish to be liked, not be endured with patient resignation."
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
"The people who are regarded as moral luminaries are those who forego ordinary pleasures themselves and find compensation in interfering with the pleasures of others."
"The good life, as I conceive it, is a happy life. I do not mean that if you are good you will be happy - I mean that if you are happy you will be good."
"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones."
"We have, in fact, two kinds of morality side by side: one which we preach but do not practice, and another which we practice but seldom preach."
"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible."
"Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric."
Mais? aqui.